Builders, have a good time: Impala is now to be had on EMR for trying out and analysis.
Very lately, Amazon Internet Products and services announced improve for operating Cloudera Impala queries on its Elastic MapReduce (EMR) carrier. This is excellent information for EMR customers — in addition to for customers of different platforms eager about kicking Impala’s tires in a friction-free means. It’s additionally but any other signal that Impala is unexpectedly being followed around the ecosystem because the gold usual for interactive SQL and BI queries on Apache Hadoop.
AWS additionally helpfully supplies a tutorial for launching and querying Impala clusters on EMR. It covers:
- Signing up for Amazon EMR,
- Launching a cluster with Impala put in,
- Connecting to the cluster the use of SSH,
- Producing a check information set,
- Developing Impala tables and populating them with information, and
- Appearing interactive queries on Impala tables
You may additionally need to learn the AWS FAQ about Impala on EMR.
Builders, get started your clusters! Impala is now on EMR for simple trying out and analysis.
Justin Kestelyn is Cloudera’s developer outreach director.